I never thought I would say this but…I wish could eat more on this Thanksgiving

Those of you who know me have already heard that I had my appendix out a week ago. It was so random and unexpected–I was in the office all day seeing patients, feeling fine and started getting a stomach ache around eight pm that wouldn’t go away. The funny thing is, I’m still board-certified in general surgery, and something serious like appendicitis was the last thing on my mind. I just figured it was because I hadn’t eaten much all day. But the China Coast Salad from Islands (shout-out to Laura!:)) at nine pm made it worse. I guess I should’ve realized something was wrong when the Lipo Queen Total Body Contouring By Design Veronique garment that had been a very comfortable, supportive second skin all week, suddenly felt a little too tight. How could I have gotten too fat for my own custom-made prototype in a day?

Fortunately, my husband finally convinced me to go to the hospital, and we rolled into the Cedars ER at 3:30 A.M. Also fortunate is that we have a good friend who is an amazing general surgeon there–Dr. Miguel Burch. He is a wizard with the laparoscope, and within twenty-four hours I was home–sans appendix–pain-free and watching bad television. In fact, I was back at work so fast that I’m not getting any sympathy. My patients have all been saying “You look really good. Did you just do something to your face? A laser? A peel?”

“Well, I just had an appendectomy,” I tell them. “But I wouldn’t recommend it.”

Besides the fact that I had a fantastic surgeon, it could be the extra IV fluid I’m still retaining from my hospital stay, puffing out all the lines on my face. But most likely it’s that my Botox just kicked in.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Dig in! I’m so thankful for all of you who read this blog and support Lipo Queen!

This one’s for you, Rita! Thanks for the inspiration! 🙂

XO

LQ

14 comments
  1. jenna said:

Sorry to hear about your surgery, but glad you are doing well and feeling better!! Speaking of amazing surgeons… you are also one of those and one of the most talented and kindest around. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to a amazing doctor and a wonderful person!! Take care of yourself!

• Thank you so much! Happy Thanksgiving to you!
      XOXO

2. Laura said:

I can’t believe the China Coast doesn’t cure all! 🙂 So glad you’re on the mend. Not much can keep you down. Happy Thanksgiving!!

3. Wow, so glad you are back up and on the mend. Happy Thanksgiving.

• Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving! Miss you!
      XOXO

4. Nancy Zuker said:

OMG, you are too much!

5. Maria Argyropoulos-Minos said:

I hope you are feeling much better since the appendectomy….how scary!

maria

Maria Argyropoulos-Minos

COO

USA Hostels, Inc.

Three award-winning locations in San Francisco, Hollywood, San Diego

button

• I’m good. Can’t pull out the “I just had surgery” card anymore lol 🙂 Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

6. Jill Jacques said:

Glad you’re feeling better. Happy Holidays!

7. Hilary F. said:

You are amazing! I had no idea about the appendectomy. You even took the time to respond to a question that I had about my recovery. I am grateful to have a super woman as a doctor who is kind, caring, and extremely talented. A big hug to you:)

• You are so sweet! Thank you! Hugs to you too! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! 🙂